Thursday, 17 August 2017

Who is Angela Merkel (Part 2)




There are 3 parts of this rather good  report, this is part 2. You will find part 1 here.  

I could have put them all together, but I did not want to merkel you out completely and 22 minutes of  this woman in one serve is enough I think. 













Angela Merkel: The Rise to Power



Original Video with references at Red Pill Germany






Merkel, a Wagner fan,  apparently never fails to visit the Wagner Festival in Bayreuth, so I'm going to try and find a more digestible piece of this German composer to fit into our little space. Let me lighten the moment with a few quotes about Wagner: 





Is Wagner a human being at all? Is he not rather a disease? He contaminates everything he touches — he has made music sick. (Friedrich Nietzsche, Der Fall Wagner (1888))




I have been told that Wagner's music is better than it sounds.(Edgar Wilson Nye, as quoted in Twain's Autobiography (published in 1924).)




Monsieur Wagner a de beaux moments, mais de mauvais quart d'heures.Monsieur Wagner has good moments, but awful quarters of an hour! Gioachino Rossini, Letter to Emile Naumann, April 1867






After the last notes of Götterdämmerung I felt as though I had been let out of prison. Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, quoted in Hans Gal, The Musician's World (1965))





I like Wagner’s music better than any other music. It is so loud that one can talk the whole time, without people hearing what one says. Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray




And here are a few unsourced quotes:

In one of his films (I don't remember which one), Woody Allen says: "Every time I listen to Wagner, I get the urge to invade Poland " 


"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window, trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws" - Charles Baudelaire


"One simply can not judge Wagner's 'Lohengrin' after a first hearing. Pity I don't intend hearing it a second time. " - Gioacchino Antonio Rossini




Now, speaking of  Merkel who, I am told, had ambitions to be seen as a second "Mother Theresa" but who is sometimes referred to as "Mother Terrorista" instead, here is a small part of "the ride of the  Valkyries" (*) 













(*) When I mention Angela Merkel and The Valkyries in a comparative sense, I'm thinking of their characters in Norse Mythology as the "Choosers of the Slain". 






No comments:

Post a Comment